We are holding two Offa’s Dyke recce/training events in 2016.
If you have previously attended any Beyond Marathon Events you will know that we raise as much money as we can for Macmillan, and indeed give away 100% of profit from our largest event, Dusk-til-Dawn, directly to Macmillan, and have done every year for the last 5 years. 100% profit from these recce/training events will go to Macmillan. Recces cost £20 each. The objectives of the recces are:
- To familiarise you with parts of the course, so you are well prepared mentally and physically for the challenge
- Socialise with your fellow competitors, and make a few friends along the way
- Hopefully to show you, just how well the route is signed
- Each recce/training event will be lead by Clare who is representing Beyond Marathon, and she is also participating too
- The entire recce will take place on the Offa’s Dyke/Mercian routes
- They will be held at a very and easy relaxed pace, suitable for everyone
- You will park at the end of the route and then travel to the start of the route by minibus or coach. This included in the cost
- There will be one food and drink checkpoint midway along the route
- Training events will be open to those not running the Offa’s Dyke main event if there are places free
You an book Both Recce’s below:
The first training event will be held on June 25th and will cover parts of the course used by both The Mercian Challenge and King Offa’s Dyke Race
You will park at the finish of the recce in Knighton, and then travel with us via coach to Hay on Wye. From there, Clare will lead our recce from Hay-on-Wye to Knighton. This section is 29 miles in length. (Miles 52 to 81 on the events). There are 53 places available on this recce.
The second training event will be held on August 14th and will cover parts of the course used by only King Offa’s Dyke Race
You will park at the finish of the recce near Bodfari and then travel with us via coach to Chirk Castle. From there, Clare will lead our recce. This section is 34 miles in length. (Miles 135 to 169 on the events). There are 53 places available on this recce